Wednesday, December 28, 2011

December Food Edition 3 - Early Christmas Dinner

A few weeks before Christmas we decided to throw a dinner party as a spur of the moment thing, for our wonderful local 'family'. We ate well -  a big roast leg of lamb, spuddies in rosemary, dutch carrots cooked in red wine vinegar, thyme and garlic (smashing!), sweet potato, pumpkin, greens... followed by xmas pudding and brandy custard. There were great plans for yorkshire puds to soak up the yummo sauce, but I got a little distracted by the cider supplied by one of my guests!


Lamb, with rosemary, garlic and anchovies stuffed into those little slots.



They're bloody gorgeous, wish I'd taken a photo when they were cooked.

Nice pair of jugs!




I may get killed for this, but here are the wonderful people that I got to spend my early Christmas dinner with! Love them.


Anyway, happy Christmukkah one and all. Hope you got to eat some smashing food, with some smashing people like I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment