Wednesday, December 28, 2011

December Food Edition 2 - Peppermint Chocolate Fudge

My lovely husband sometimes says there are two things in this world that you shouldn't watch being made - laws and sausages... but I think there's a third part to this...

I call this stuff fudge, although... dear foodists, I know its not truly 'fudge', but it feels, looks and eats like fudge, so for today, we're going with that.

Blitz 2 packets of chocolate ripple biscuits in the food processor (or bash up in a bag with a rolling pin if you have no FP). Melt 1 large block of peppermint filled chocolate (I used cadbury peppermint block, see photos) together with 125g unsalted butter. [I used microwave, but a bowl over saucepan of water probably works too!]. Put biscuits, chocolate/butter mix and a can of condensed milk into a large bowl and mix like crazy until combined. It gets pretty sticky. When combined, tip into a slice tray lined with baking paper. Heat up a dessert spoon under hot tap water, shake off then use the back to smooth out the top of the "fudge". Give the tray a bash on the bench for good measure too. Grate a Peppermint Crisp chocolate bar over the fudge, and if you like, drizzle melted white chocolate over too. Pop in the fridge overnight. Cut into small pieces (its quite rich). Trim off the messy edges first if you have high standards - I personally find this a great shame and waste of fudge, so enjoyed eating the trimmed off bits for breakfast!  I gave this away at Christmas and it increased my street cred imensely! Forget the ingredients, and enjoy!

Blitzed chocolate ripple biscuits

Cadbury Dairy Milk Peppermint


Condensed milk, chocolate ripple bickies, melted chocolate and butter. Heaven on a stick...

Yes, I made two batches at once - I call it multitasking, you might call it "Erica doesn't have forearms big enough to stir a double batch all at once, what a wuss".

Before the 'setting'

Set.




The pieces are "small". Trust me.


No comments:

Post a Comment