Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Crochet

Trying to teach myself to crochet, after admiring some very nice crochet slippers on etsy :o)

I started with this youtube video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqca00LdmAc - thanks Naztasia! So helpful and positive!

Here's my first attempt. It is a square masquerading as a blobby triangle. But it is cute.


Decided the yarn I was using (100% acrylic) was too stringy, hard to tell one chain from the next. I dug around in a bag of wools and other goodies my hubby's Nana Mavis gave me, and found this netting kind of ribbon fabric. Someone crafty will tell me it has a proper name. It didn't come apart as the wool had done, and was pretty sturdy, so was good to practise on. This is what I made next:


and that grew into this:


In the background are tonight's effort - something that ended up looking like a mini-beanie, and another - maybe the start of a scarf. Oh! The places you'll go!

No comments:

Post a Comment